MapleReverie Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kinx - GM Application

3 posters

Go down

Kinx - GM Application Empty Kinx - GM Application

Post  Kinxer Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:45 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Name:
Joshua

Location/Timezone:
GMT -7 (MST)

Ways of Contact:
Skype/MSN (ask for IM address)

1. Why should we pick you?
I'd make a good candidate for taking a GM position seeing how I have a strong sense of morality and I possess the knowledge of how to properly deal with those willing to do wrong. I have a yearning to help players who are experiencing trouble, whether it relates to technical issues or social problems. And I will do whatever is in my power to see to it that they're helped in one way or another. I am willing to learn how things should be run and will adhere to the rules without abusing powers (of this, I feel strongly about). I usually stick to a scheduled hacker check (witch hunt) and make an effort to keep track of GM messages, if any. I am also familiar with most of the commands. If I am unsure of how to perform something, I simply ask for information. I would also like to keep in touch with the owners and other server staff members should a major issue arise. I also love hosting events, especially H&S and JQ events, though the events I would host are certainly not limited to just those alone. In that aspect, I'd like to say that that is where I enjoy being a GM the most. When I see that players are enjoying the server to its highest potential and that I can provide exactly that sort of fun factor for them, then I know that I am fulfilling both the role of a GM and contributing to the server itself.

2. What makes you better than the rest?
A GM position, to me, is a job to make certain that the server is run the way that it should be run - not as a means to strut about the server showing off your status as staff. Abusing powers to me is a very wrongful way to assume the role as a GM. I feel more than qualified for taking on a GM position and even more determined to help players. I love to know that the players of the server are having fun in it and I want to make sure that players who play a certain server remain loyal to it. I am familiar with most of the GM codes and am able to carry out what the owner wants me to do. I stick to a fair banning procedure. When I am sweeping the server for hackers (and of this I do often), I make it certain that they are indeed hacking. I do this by taking multiple screenshots of the player hacking to avoid alleged wrongful bans and unnecessary disputes. The player is then permanently banned from the server. In regards to players in an argument over something, it's important not to let personal bias with relationships with other players stand in the way of just action. A proper GM would listen carefully to both stories and use his/her best judgment on how to deal with the situation. If the argument is relating to racial/sexual/discriminatory remarks, the player committing those acts should be given a warning at first. If the player continues with the snide remarks, give him a day's ban. Any further rule-breaking should be a permanent ban.

3. Do you have any experience in being a Game Master?
I've been a GM for OneClique and created a few custom maps for the owner of the server. I've also had some minor experience using Harepacker, though I wouldn't say that I am proficient at it (I'm even rusty), I would not at all be completely against learning the ropes in more advanced editing. Here is some proof of my GM position:
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

4. What will you do if we deny you?
I would completely understand and I wouldn't continue to bother the owner and the server's staff. It just means that I have to prove to them through helping players and knowing the server on a more personal basis. GMs, though they require careful responsibility, should not be the only ones who want to help players, but a server's playerbase should also look out for one another. I do, however, sincerely hope you consider my position as a gamemaster.

Are You Well Known by the players?
Somewhat

Do you know any staff members?
Jenny and Momo

How Old are you:

Are you Mature:
Yes

What is you favourite pass time?
Drawing
Kinxer
Kinxer

Back to top Go down